Air conditioning is not much unique; as a matter of fact, the chemical make up responsible for business hvac was very first explored during the 1800s. Nevertheless, like most of the products we consider offered in cutting-edge culture, latest advances in modern technology have modified the attributes of this particular device that has made our residences and business offices a lot more relaxed, particularly in Gauteng.
Basic hvac was straightforward: a switch to turn it off and on, and most likely a second command for the fan rate of speed. On the other hand, advancements in innovation have made the programmable temperature a common attribute on a/c units, enabling property owners to change their air conditioning unit to sustain a completely air-conditioned atmosphere. These kinds of thermostats also make Air Conditioning more electricity dependable since they may be configured to cool down only the parts of your property or work environment that you are using or to shut off even though individuals are out of the business or out of home.
One more enhancement in the last few years has actually been a concentrate on cleaner air, both in the manner in which the air conditioning unit itself runs and in the features carried out from unit.
– Original air conditioners used Freon gases – either chlorofluorocarbon, hyrdofluorocarbon, or
hytrogenated chlorofluorocarbon as the primary cooling agent. These gases are toxic in and of themselves.
– Newer air conditioners have replaced these standard gases with ones that are less dangerous to the environment, and as of 2010 the less dangerous gases will be standard in all new units.
– While HVAC units used to simply heat or cool air, the latest models can also dehumidify and filter air to improve air quality and even reduce the suffering of people with allergies.
Emphasis on efficiency.
Filtering air and getting rid of harmful Freon is not the only way that cooling your home or office has changed. New AC units are also more energy efficient.
– As of January 2006, the lowest acceptable SEER (energy efficiency rating from the Energy Star board) for new central air conditioning systems was increased to 13 from its previous low of 10.
– More units now use fans that continue to blow after the compressor turns off, taking advantage of the left over cool air that would otherwise remain unused.
Air conditioning is something that we often take for granted, especially in JHB and the surrounding areas. However, each time we enjoy the feeling of cool air indoors on a hot summer day, we should take a moment to appreciate the ways that AC has been made more energy efficient and less harmful to the environment due to recent improvements.
If you are interested in repairing or updating your air conditioning system in or around Johannesburg, contact the professionals today. With an professional and experienced staff, you can rely on us to get the job done and keep you cool! Visit http://www.atlasair.co.za.